Bluegrass Chapter Scholarship
Due Date: Wednesday, May 31, 2023
Scholarships are awarded by the Kentucky Bluegrass Chapter to high school seniors who are children or grandchildren of chapter members. Qualifying college and graduate student scholarships are also available.
Requirements – (Incomplete applications will not be considered):
- The student must have a minimum of a 3.0 GPA, transcript required.
- This application must be submitted by the above date to SWANA.
- The student must submit a certified copy of their ACT and/or SAT scores. A minimum score of 24-ACT/1000-SAT is required.
- The student must be a resident of Kentucky.
- To receive the scholarship the recipient must be enrolled as a full-time student at an accredited two or four year institution of higher learning.
- The scholarship will be awarded on behalf of the student/applicant to an institution rather than to an individual.
- The scholarship will be presented at the Bluegrass Chapter SWANA Road-E-O Awards Ceremony.
- The recipient must be the child of a current or former employee in the Solid Waste Industry.
- The student must submit a 1-page (single space) essay expressing academic and volunteer achievements, and future plans, ect.
- In the event the recipient forfeits his/her right to receive the Bluegrass Chapter SWANA Scholarship, it shall be awarded to the committee’s second choice.
SWANA International Scholarships
In order to prepare the next generation for the environmentally and economically sound practice of solid waste, SWANA has developed several scholarship and internship programs for students studying in fields related to solid waste management.